With the Central Florida area being the entertainment capital of the U.S., it only makes sense that our Orlando Tourist Tips include some spectacular tours as part of our Orlando Tourist Information. Besides our famous theme parks, great dinner shows, and beaches, there are many fun things to do in and around Orlando. There are many different tours available, everything from tours of the Kennedy Space Center to ghost tours to touring our wildlife areas and seeing alligators up-close from an airboat! Here is a listing of some of the great tours available:
Kennedy Space Center – Your trip to Florida will be ‘out of this world’ when you visit the Kennedy Space Center’s visitor complex. Only about an hour from the Orlando area, NASA’s launch headquarters is the only place on Earth where you can tour launch areas, see giant rockets, train in spaceflight simulators, and maybe even view a launch or meet a veteran astronaut. There are many tours available, and some even include lunch with an astronaut or airboat rides!
Here are a few links to some companies that offer Kennedy Space Center tours:
Kennedy Space Center Tours • Viator Tours
Nature Tours – Florida has an abundance of natural habitats where you can enjoy our vast array of native plants and animals, including Manatees and the famous Florida gator.
- Swim with the Manatees – Take an unforgettable tour with Florida’s ‘gentle giants’. Here are a few links to some companies that offer Manatee tours:
Florida Dolphin Tours • River Adventures • Florida Manatee Tours
- Airboat tours – there are many different companies offering exciting air boating adventures on our beautiful waterways. You can see native animals in their natural habitat including Eagles, Osprey, Wild Pigs, Deer, Sandhill Cranes, and many more including our Florida Alligator. Here are a few links to some companies that offer Airboat tours:
Big Toho Air Boat Rides • Air Boat Tours Orlando • A-Awesome Airboat Rides
- Forever Florida – Get in touch with the Wild Side at Florida EcoSafaris at Forever Florida. You can choose your own fully-guided adventure from the Coach Safari, Horseback Safari, and the adventurous Zipline Safari. This 4,700-acre wildlife conservation area is home to many native plants, flowers and animals, including white-tail deer, black bears, alligators, and the endangered Florida Panther in their natural habitat.
- Beach Tours – Enjoy Florida’s great beaches with tours to Clearwater Beach or Cocoa Beach. Most tours include bus transportation, and some even include a boat ride once you are there! Here are a few links to some companies that offer Beach tours:
- Horseback Riding Tours – Experience horseback riding with local trail guides. Here are a few links to some companies that offer Horseback Riding tours:
Rock Spring Riding Ranch • Orlando-Tours
Water Tours – along with airboat rides, there are many popular water activities in the Orlando area. You can go tubing, fishing, kayaking, canoeing, ride personal watercraft, water skiing, waterboarding, and much more! Here are just a few links to companies that offer water activities:
- Parasailing Adventures – get a bird’s eye view in a solo or tandem parasailing flight:
- Tubing – enjoy some of Florida’s natural state parks for swimming, tubing, camping:
Florida State Parks • Visit Florida’s real-life water parks
- Fishing – There are plenty of options for fishing excursions in Central Florida. There are both fresh water and deep-sea options, so you can try your luck at anything from bass fishing to nighttime shark fishing. Whether you are a beginner or experienced angler, there is a fishing trip for you.
Orlando Bass • Orlando Princess • A 1 Bass Guide Service
- Kayaking/Canoeing – enjoy a great workout while you relax and explore Florida’s rivers, springs, and beaches.
Wekiva Adventures • A Day Away Kayak Tours • FL Professional Paddlesports Association
- Personal Watercraft – No experience necessary to take one of these babies out for a spin!
Haley’s Jet Ski and Boat Rental • Extreme Jet Ski of Orlando • Buena Vista Watersports
- Water skiing/boarding – learn to ski or wakeboard, or fine-tune your skills.
Orlando Watersports Complex • Buena Vista Watersports
Aerial Tours – see Florida with a different perspective, from the sky! There are airplane, helicopter, and hot-air balloon tours available. Here are just a few:
Thompson Aire – Hot air balloon rides • Orlando Helicenter • Orlando HeliTours • Orlando-Tours
Ghost Tours – Orlando has its fair share of paranormal. Hear some tales of strange, unexplained events in this area. Here are just a few links to companies that offer ghost tours:
American Ghost • Kissimmee Ghost Tours • Orlando Hauntings
Lakeridge Winery & Vineyards – located about 25 miles from downtown Orlando, Lakeridge ranks as Florida’s largest premium winery. Complimentary tours and wine tasting offered seven days a week.
Shopping Tours – Please see our shopping directory, or check out one of these tours and “shop till you drop” at some of Orlando’s premium stores:
Viator Tours • Smart Destinations • Orlando-Tours
Last Updated on March 17, 2022