As if the Florida Mall isn’t a great place to shop in Orlando already, next summer it will be even better! Not only will you be able to shop within the mall, you’ll also be able to experience crayons like never before! A new attraction called the Crayola Experience will feature 25 hands-on activities.
This colorful family-friendly attraction will cause you to rethink the crayon. Remember your first box of 64? Oh, have they come a long way from that! At this new attraction you’ll be able to:
- name and wrap an authentic Crayola crayon
- star in your very own coloring page
- create wearable art featuring your family
- scribble on a chalk floor with chalk (what kid wouldn’t want to do this?)
- play within a play area as colorful as, well, a box of crayons
- doodle on an interactive screen
- interact with animated crayons that mirror your every move
- create spin and drip art
- melt and mold crayons into other shapes
- see how crayons are made
- create your own hand-drawn puzzle
- choose from hundreds of unique Crayola products and souvenirs
- grab a bite to eat and recharge
- and of course, color to your heart’s content
Currently, the Crayola Experience is only located in Easton, PA, near where the original Crayola factory is located. The 111-year-old company has over 1,500 proprietary products and technologies and employs over 1,300 people. As children change the way they play, so has this company’s ability to evolve. The Crayola Experience is a way to continue to share in the creation of colorful memories.
Opening dates for this new attraction in Orlando have not been released, nor has the cost to experience it. See our newer post for opening information and ticket costs. The Pennsylvania location charges an online price of $15.99. Senior admission and group tickets are also available. The attraction also offers events, group parties and facility rentals. Look for Orlando’s location to be similar. For more information, visit their website crayolaexperience.com.
The Florida Mall is a great location for this new attraction. Many families and tourist are familiar with it and the many shopping opportunities it provides. This new attraction would supply guests with at least a half day’s worth of fun activities, leaving just enough time to find some bargains while shopping in the mall. Next summer’s looking bright (and colorful)!
Last Updated on June 29, 2015