Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure are setting aside 3 days for A Celebration of Harry Potter™. Attend one or both of these Orlando theme parks January 24 – 26, 2014 and enjoy interactive experiences, exciting demonstrations, and more. If attending on Friday, you could even take part in a special evening event featuring select cast members from the movies, including Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood), James Phelps (Fred Weasley) and Oliver Phelps (George Weasley).
With The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ – Diagon Alley™ coming sometime this year, important news about this new attraction will be released during this special event. Attend and you could be one of the first to know! There will be a lot of activities too, including:
- A wand masterclass featuring Wand Combat choreographer Paul Harris
- Q&A sessions with members of the Harry Potter™ cast
- Panel discussions with MinaLima – creators of the graphics seen in the movies
- An exclusive behind-the-scenes look at Pottermore.com – the interactive website from J.K. Rowling (Saturday & Sunday)
- One-of-a-kind Harry Potter™ Expo with interactive activities for fans including a vignette of movie costumes from Harry Potter™: The Exhibition and The Sorting Hat™ experience.
If you are an Annual Passholder, you already have access to this event. If not, your best bet is to purchase a 3-Day Park-to-Park ticket in order to attend the most events. If you purchase a regular one-day park admission, A Celebration of Harry Potter™ is included with your ticket. Events are on a first-come, first-served basis, so you need to arrive early at any event you really want to attend. Friday’s evening event is only open to guests who purchased A Celebration of Harry Potter™ vacation package, which by the way, are sold out.
If you are a Harry Potter fan, this will be a great weekend to use your annual pass. Crowds are usually thinner this time of year, so getting into the Hogwarts castle and visiting the shops of Hogsmeade should be a little easier. This special event is sure to transport you into a world of magical thrills.
If you and your gang wish to be transported back in time to the prohibition era, attend Capone’s Dinner & Show after your visit to Universal Studios Harry Potter celebration. Our service staff have been known to magically keep your glasses filled and the laughs coming all evening long. It’s a blast from the past!