Author Archive | Big Al
Al and the gang wish to congratulate George Seal for being April’s Grand Prize winner at Capone’s Dinner & Show Tuesday, April 25th. During our “25 Years of Memories” anniversary celebration we’ll be giving some lucky stiff a grand prize on the 25th day of each month. Next month it could be you! The next grand prize will be awarded on Thursday, May 25, 2017.
George, a.k.a. Lefty (now that he is a ‘made’ man) came all the way from Conyers, Georgia just to see the show! Imagine that. What a dedicated family member! Seeings this was Lefty’s first time at our speakeasy, the wise guys and gals had the honor of showing him around. And around. All left turns. Sees that’s why he’s known as “Lefty.” Not because he writes with his left hand. No, he makes a lot of left turns and never wants to be left out!
April’s Grand Prize Winner Experience
Lefty’s favorite part of the show was the food and atmosphere. He was also partial to the staff. Yous sees we work hard to treat yous like family. Only the best will do for our guests!
In fact, Lefty liked the entire Capone’s dinner show experience. He had nothin’ he didn’t take a liken to. What an easy going fella!
Lefty’s prize was $250 in cash and a “C” note to spend in our gift shop. Knowin’ this pal, he’ll probably waste his prize on broads and booze. Okay, so it’s not a waste. We know many of yous would do the same. At least he ‘left’ with some great souvenirs from our gift shop. We have T-shirts, wine glasses, beer mugs, posters, keychains and many other items for sale. Be sure to pick up something to remember your night with the family before or after the all-new show.
Speaking of family, thankfully, Lefty’s family told him about our speakeasy. When relatives show up on your doorstep, Capone’s is a great place to take ‘em to. Where else can you feed a free-loader and keep them entertained for over 2 hours for less than $36 (including tax)? Regardless of the age of your company, our joint is one of the best entertainment values in the Orlando area.
Again, we’d like to congratulate April’s grand prize winner, George Seal. Capone’s Dinner & Show hopes that the evening’s experience was the cat’s meow and will be a great memory for years to come.
If you’d like to get notifications about our show, sign up to receive Al’s newsletter by filling in the form below.
EDITOR’S NOTE: You may need to reference our 1920’s Slang Dictionary to fully appreciate (and understand) Al’s written intentions within this message.
Mother’s Day Special!
Make Plans Now! Mother’s Day is May 14, 2017, and we knows hows yous chumps are. You’ll mess ’round an forget to plan somethin’ special for the dame in your life. So’s we decided to give yous an early reminder to make plans for Mother’s Day…now!
Don’t dangle or start nothin’ else ’til yous click the button below an’ make your reservation. It takes less than 5 minutes. The earlier yous do this, the better seats yous get. Capisce?!
Make plans now to treat the dish in your life to a special dinner & show at my joint! On Mother’s Day, every dame that walks through the door to the speakeasy receives a flower from me an’ the gang. Plus, yous should see the spread (buffet) Mama Capone is puttin’ out! And, hey, nobody’s got to do the dishes! How great is that?! She’s your cat’s meow, so’s don’ mess it up!
Bring your frau (wife), bring your mom, bring your kids. All ages love Capone’s Dinner and Show. Plus, it’s affordable!
per adult for this Mother’s Day Special on May 14, 2017 at 7:30 p.m.
Children ages 4-12
Infants 3 & Under FREE
Treat your squeeze like the kitten she really is! Go on, spend a little dough. Upgrade your ticket to VIP status! For an additional $12/adult and $9/kid (4-12) per ticket, VIP tickets will get yous these extras:
- early admission into Al’s Four Deuces Lounge
- casino chips for table games
- one free drink in a take-home souvenir glass
- center section seating, or choice private tables
- first-in-line privileges (entrance, seating and buffet)
- possible kiss from your skirt (please note, I’m not promisin’ this one)
Sure, yous could give your bim some ice or marbles on Mother’s Day, but why not save a few fins and spend some time with her and the family?! Join Mama Capone & the rest of the gang.
We look forward to seeing yous Sunday, May 14, 2017 at 7:30 p.m. If yous can’t make it on Mother’s Day, we’re open 365 days of the year, so join us on a day when it’s convenient for your gang. You’re gonna have a blast!
NOTE TO OUR READERS: To follow Al’s writing about Spring Training in Central Florida, you might want to refer to our slang dictionary. We’ve underlined the words you might need to look up. Enjoy his article!
Big Al here. It’s been awhile since I’ve had a chance to do any peaching here on my blog. Things are really hoppin’ at my joint over at Capone’s Dinner & Show. Word is gettin’ out ‘bout my specials and the 25th anniversary party! Prohibition ain’t gonna stop the nightly party at my speakeasy!
This is one of my favorite times of the year. Spring Training in Central Florida is when me and the mob are gonna get to use our bats for another game – not just for inspiration. Savvy?
If you’re a Braves cat, it’s easier to gun for a game in Central Florida. The Braves train jus’ up the road at Disney’s Wild World of Sports. West of Orlando, the Tigers training home is in Lakeland; Yankees in Tampa; Phillies in Clearwater and Blue Jays in Dunedin. There are other teams doin’ their Spring Training in Central & South Florida if you want to check them out on this really keen web site at www.floridagrapefruitleague.com.
Spring Training in Central Florida Schedules & Ticket Prices
Spring Training in Central Florida started February 25th this year and ends April 1st. The teams play every day, so there is plenty of Chicago lightning. There are “away games” and “home games” so be sures to check your team’s schedule an’ show up at the correct stadium. Some days they even play a double header! That’s ‘bout as much action as watchin’ bangtails!
Individual game tickets range from $15 to $60 depending upon the stadium and where you want to sit. You can buy a multi-ticket plan and see more than one game. Those are the bees knees. Some of the stadiums and teams even offer a meal plan including hot dogs, popcorn, nachos, soft drinks and bottled water. Keep in mind, most stadiums also charge for parking – somethin’ we never do at my Kissimmee attraction.
After the Game, Join the Gang!
Speakin’ of meals, I know that afternoon baseball game snack ain’t gonna fill any of yous up, so that is why I want to personally invite yous to my Kissimmee dinner show. Every evening Mama Capone puts out a spread unlike any other dinner show in Orlando. This ain’t no hash house either, it’s an Italian/American buffet fit for a high pillow. All-you-can-eat dinner and drinks (giggle juice too) is hard to beat! Plus, if you order your tickets online, I’ll make it right and let yous glaum them at half off the ticket price! That ends up – with the government’s cabbage (tax) – being only $35.46 for adults and $22.56 kids 4-12. Add a little extra an’ be treated like a big boss with a VIP upgrade.
March Specials at Capone’s Dinner & Show
Now for some serious matters… It’s well-known that Buggs Moran has been tryin’ to take over my joint for quite some time. It bein’ March and all, those Irish are startin’ to come ’round. Things are a bit hinky. To encourage support for me an’ my gang, I’m gonna offer 2 shows per night on March 11 – one early show at 5:00pm and a late show at 8:30pm. Then on March 22nd we’ll have two shows – one a matinee at 1:00pm and the evening show at 7:30pm. Experience a little friendly competition here at Capone’s Dinner & Show, especially durin’ the Gangster Shootout! You won’t want to miss the action as my gang puts all this spring training to use!
Enjoy Spring Training in Central Florida and be sure to stop by my speakeasy and tip a few. Everyone on your team will have a good time at Capone’s Dinner & Show!
Capone’s Dinner & Show will be closed Sunday, February 5, 2017.
For the past 2 years me and the gang at Capone’s Dinner & Show did NOT offer a Super Show as an alternative to the Super Bowl. The mobsters took a much appreciated break. The gang is doin’ it again. We will be closed Sunday, February 5, 2017.
Instead of a Kissimmee dinner show that’ll knock your socks off, the wise guys & gals have put together some fun statistics that jus’ might knock the wind right outta you. The figures behind how much money Americans spend for the big event will make even the Big Bosses squirm. We’re talkin’ over $14.1 billion on merchandise (food, team apparel and TVs), $132.55 million on bets (of course gamblin’ is one of my specialties), an average game ticket price (as of this minute) is $4,744 with the largest sale at $74,928, and many more brow-raising expenses. Here are some other interestin’ facts ‘bout Sunday’s game:
Game Day –
- Super Bowl LI pits the top-ranked scoring offense (Atlanta) against the top-ranked scoring defense (New England).
- This is the ninth Super Bowl appearance for the Patriots, the most for any team in NFL history.
- This is the seventh Super Bowl for Tom Brady and Bill Belichick, who are 4-2, with their wins coming in one of the game’s greatest upsets (2001), the last back-to-back wins (2003-04) and one of the greatest finishes (2014).
- Atlanta is making its second appearance in the Super Bowl. The Dirty Birds of 1998 advanced to the game after a stunning road upset of 15-1 Minnesota, then lost to a John Elway-led Denver team that won its second consecutive title.
- Brady has never lost to the Falcons in four career games, throwing for 9 touchdowns, 1 interception and has his highest QB rating against Atlanta. Brady will attempt to become the first quarterback with five Super Bowl rings.
- Atlanta scored 540 points this season, tied for the seventh-most in NFL history and 71 points clear of the next-best team.
- The Julio Jones vs. Malcolm Butler matchup will be the most interesting and pivotal in Super Bowl LI.
- Over 60 law enforcement agencies will be represented at the game (now do you wonder why us mobsters are staying at home?).
Super Bowl Ticket Sales –
- The average ticket price of a Super Bowl 51 ticket is over $4,744 – Unlike our Kissimmee buffet, there are no half price tickets.
- In 1967 championship game tickets topped out at $12 each, and the “secondary market” consisted only of ticket scalpers outside the L.A. Coliseum.
Advertising, TV & Radio –
- Viewership in the U.S. is estimated at 111.9 million people.
- The cost of Super Bowl ads is anywhere between $5 million and $5.5 million (CBS & FOX). A 30-second commercial for the first Super Bowl, played in 1967, cost a mere $42,000.
- Historically the three most popular product categories that advertise in The Super Bowl have been 1. Automobiles 2. Motion Pictures 3. Food & Candy (does that include beer?).
- Hashtags have replaced URL as the most popular call to action in Super Bowl advertising.
- Of the 60 national ads aired from kickoff through the end of the game, 45% contained hashtags, 35% contained a URL, while Twitter and Facebook were each mentioned in 3 ads.
Social Media –
- Super Bowl ads generated close to 3.3 billion social impressions during the game
- Last year more than 15 million people saw tweets about the Super Bowl telecast, with these tweets seen 1.3 billion times throughout the night. (by the way, yous can follow me too @alcaponesshow).
- 57% of Super Bowl viewers say they will use Facebook and/or Twitter during the game.
- Super Bowl is the second largest food consumption day in America. We eat more food, only on Thanksgiving.
- 1.33 billion chicken wings will be consumed.
- 9 out of 10 fans prefer to stay put in their very own homes rather than venture out (one more reason the gang is not puttin’ on a show Sunday night); 17% will watch the game at a relative or friend’s residence; 3% will watch at a bar or restaurant, while 15% will be tuning into the event via their smart phones.
- Next to the Fourth of July more beer is consumed on Super Bowl Sunday than any other day of the year.
- Hungry Howie’s predicts that they’ll sell 200,600 pizzas on Super Bowl Sunday.
- Over the weekend, approximately 100 million pounds of guacamole will be eaten, approximately 14,500 tons of chips.
Other Fun & Interesting Stats –
- Super Bowls are denoted with Roman numerals and have been since Super Bowl V in 1971. The exception was last year when the NFL promoted it as Super Bowl 50, not Super Bowl L. The Roman numerals are back this year for Super Bowl LI.
- Almost 8% (7.7%) adults surveyed plan to purchase a TV for Super Bowl Sunday.
- American singer Lady Gaga will headline the halftime show. It is unclear whether the singer will enter from the top of the dome for the performance, but you can count on a spectacular performance.
After all those wings bein’ devoured and money changin’ hands, a fun night at Capone’s will be in order. Regardless if your team wins or loses, a night with me and the gang is a great way to recover after a big game hang-over. Reserve your tickets at half off and enjoy savin’ money instead of shellin’ it out like yous jus’ did on the football contest.
Capone’s Dinner & Show is open every night (except on Super Bowl Sunday). After takin’ a night off, the guys and gals will be super-charged to put on a hilarious show. I’ll see yous soon!
– Big Al