Capone’s Dinner & Show will be closed Sunday, February 13, 2022.
For the past 7 years, me (Al) and the gang at Capone’s Dinner & Show did NOT offer a Super Show as an alternative to the Super Bowl. The mobsters took a much-appreciated break. The gang is doin’ it again. We will be closed Sunday, February 13, 2022.
Instead of a Kissimmee dinner show that’ll knock your socks off, the wise guys & gals have put together some fun statistics that jus’ might knock the wind right outta yous. The figures behind how much money Americans spend for the big event will make even the Big Bosses squirm. We’re talkin’ billions on merchandise (food, team apparel and TVs), millions on bets, an average game ticket price is $9,590 and many more brow-raising expenses. Here are some other interestin’ facts ‘bout Sunday’s game.
Super Bowl LVI
- The game will be played between the Los Angeles Rams and Cincinnati Bengals, marking the first time where both starting quarterbacks have a career losing record in the regular season. (Stafford: 86-95-1, Burrow: 12-13-1).l.
- The Cincinnati Bengals will be playing in their third-ever Super Bowl, losing both of their previous appearances in 1981 and 1988. Cincinnati is one of five franchises to play in multiple Super Bowls without ever winning.
- The Rams will be playing in their fifth Super Bowl in franchise history. The Rams are 1-3 SU and 0-3-1 ATS in those four games.
- This will be the second time in Super Bowl history where two quarterbacks drafted No. 1 overall will face each other in the championship game. In the previous matchup, Peyton Manning’s Denver Broncos defeated Cam Newton’s Panthers 24-10 at Super Bowl 50.
Super Bowl Ticket Sales
- Ticket prices for Super Bowl 56 start at $5,000 after fees, with some of the most expensive at nearly $50,000 – Unlike our Kissimmee buffet, there are no half-price tickets.
- In 1967 championship game tickets topped out at $12 each, and the “secondary market” consisted only of ticket scalpers outside the L.A. Coliseum.
Advertising, TV & Radio
- Viewership in the U.S. is estimated at well over 100 million people.
- A 30-second spot for an ad during Super Bowl LVI is reportedly selling for $6.5 million. That’s up nearly $1 million from the 2021 average of $5.6 million. A 30-second commercial for the first Super Bowl, played in 1967, cost a mere $37,500.
- Historically the three most popular product categories that advertise in The Super Bowl have been 1. Automobiles 2. Motion Pictures 3. Food & Candy (does that include beer?).
- Even in its worst year, the Super Bowl is the most-watched program on American TV by a large margin.
- One Super Bowl ad can drive 110 million social impressions during the game.
- 2015 still holds the record for social media with 65 million people posting about the game on Facebook and 28.4 million tweets during the live telecast. (by the way, yous can follow me too @alcaponesshow).
- 57% of Super Bowl viewers say they will use Facebook and/or Twitter during the game.
- Super Bowl is the second-largest food consumption day in America. We eat more food, only on Thanksgiving.
- 1.4 billion chicken wings will be consumed (four wings for every American).
- 9 out of 10 fans prefer to stay put in their very own homes rather than venture out (one more reason the gang is not puttin’ on a show Sunday night); 17% will watch the game at a relative or friend’s residence; 3% will watch at a bar or restaurant, while 15% will be tuning in to the event via their smartphones.
- Next to the Fourth of July more beer is consumed on Super Bowl Sunday than any other day of the year.
- Pizza Hut expects to sell 2 million pizzas on the day of Super Bowl XLV which is 60% or 1.3 million more than an average day.
- On Sunday, approximately 8 million pounds of guacamole will be eaten.
Other Fun & Interesting Stats
- Super Bowls are denoted with Roman numerals and have been since Super Bowl V in 1971. The exception was four years ago when the NFL promoted it as Super Bowl 50, not Super Bowl L.
- 17% of Americans surveyed plan to purchase a TV for Super Bowl Sunday.
- About 4 in 5 likely Super Bowl viewers (81 percent) said they plan to watch on live TV, compared to just 14 percent who plan to watch via a streaming service and 5 percent who plan to watch via a mobile app or other means.
- Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Eminem, Mary J. Blige, Kendrick Lamar will perform for the Pepsi Super Bowl LVI halftime show.
- Country singer Mickey Guyton will perform the national anthem, while R&B singer Jhené Aiko will perform “America the Beautiful” and gospel duo Mary Mary will sing “Lift Every Voice and Sing” prior to the game.
- Win or lose, players on both teams at the Super Bowl get paid. Each player on the winning team will earn $150,000, while players on the losing team will earn $75,000.
After all those wings bein’ devoured and money changin’ hands, a fun night at Capone’s will be in order. Regardless if your team wins or loses, a night with me and the gang is a great way to recover after a big game hang-over. Reserve your tickets at half off and enjoy savin’ money instead of shellin’ it out like yous jus’ did on the football contest.
Capone’s Dinner & Show is open most nights (but not on Super Bowl Sunday). After takin’ a night off, the guys and gals will be super-charged to put on a hilarious show. I’ll see yous soon!
– Big Al