With an anticipated rainy weekend ahead, this would be a good time to go to the Florida Film Festival and check out the movies! It is the last weekend of the 10-day festival to see some of the best in current independent and foreign cinema. This is the 21st anniversary of the Florida Film Festival and it is bigger than ever with a record-breaking feature of 169 films representing 31 countries.
A few of the films you can check out this weekend include:
- I Wish – April 20th, 4:30PM; April 21st, 4:15PM
- Dog Years – April 16th, 7:00PM; April 20th, 4:30PM
- Hide Away – April 20th, 6:45PM; April 22nd, 2:30PM
- International Shorts – April 20th, 7:15PM; April 22nd, 3:30PM
- Headhunters – April 20th, 8:45PM; April 22nd, 6:15PM
- Under African Skies – April 20th, 9:30PM; April 22nd, 4:30PM
- Lovely Molly – April 20th, 11:00PM; April 21st, 11:59PM
- John Dies at the End – April 20th, 11:59PM; April 21st, 11:30PM
The Florida Film Festival isn’t just about films; it also includes some great food features. While most of the parties centered around the festival are over, you can still get in on some great food at the Eden Bar open daily for lunch & dinner; Friday – Saturday, 11AM – 2AM and this Sunday 11AM – 11PM. This is your one-stop-shop for craft beers, gourmet food, and specialty cocktails with happy hour food and drink specials each day. If you find yourself at the Winter Park Village, there are several great restaurants to eat at. What’s better than a dinner and a movie?
You can purchase individual tickets to a film, or a package of tickets to see several films. Ticket prices start at just $10 and can be purchased at the Enzian Box Office, over the phone by calling (407) 629-1088 ext. 230 or online at www.floridafilmfestival.com. The movies can be seen at these venues:
- Enzian, 1300 South Orlando Avenue, Maitland, FL 32751
- Garden Theatre, 160 West Plant Street, Winter Garden, Florida 34787
- Regal Winter Park Village, 510 North Orlando Avenue, Winter Park, FL 32789
If you are looking for something fun to do in Orlando this weekend – rain or shine – go to the Florida Film Festival. After you’ve seen the best of the independent and foreign cinema films, check out our live stage show at Capone’s Dinner & Show. Our half price tickets are available online and offer a perfect entertainment solution to a rainy day, any day of the year!
Last Updated on September 8, 2023