SeaWorld’s Bands, Brew & BBQ event has gotten underway. This annual event offers a great incentive to visit this Orlando theme park in the month of February and early March. For one, the concert is included in the price of regular admission. Secondly, special activities are scheduled during the weekends of the event which make attending even more fun. While adults can sample the various brews, kids can enjoy special activities set up just for them, and everyone will enjoy great BBQ and music.
If you live in the area or plan to stay in Orlando for an extended stay, the best way to enjoy SeaWorld’s Bands, Brew & BBQ event is to purchase a Fun Card for $94. If purchased before March 6, you’ll pay less than what you’d pay for a single day and be able to visit the theme park for an entire year! Even if you only have a couple of days set aside for theme parks, you can’t beat this deal. Attend a less crowded day during the week to see the animals, then attend on a Saturday or Sunday to enjoy SeaWorld’s Bands, Brew & BBQ event. Come back to the park late in the Summer and enjoy MAKO, the new ride that is sure to thrill. With the Fun Card, there are no blackout dates.
The performers for SeaWorld’s Bands, Brew & BBQ are announced a few weeks in advance. This makes it somewhat difficult to plan too far ahead, however, all of the performers are top notch. This is another reason a Fun Card is good to have… Favorite performer coming? No problem. You have a Fun Card and can pop into the park to see the concert!
Performers for 2016 SeaWorld’s Bands, Brew & BBQ
- Saturday, February 13 – Smash Mouth
- Sunday, February 14 – Gladys Knight
- Saturday, February 20 – Scotty McCreery
- Sunday, February 21 – Dennis DeYoung (founding member of the rock group Styx)
- Saturday, February 27 – ALABAMA
- Sunday, February 28 – Foreigner
- Saturday, March 5 – Steve Miller Band
- Sunday, March 6 – Daughtry
Event festivities begin at 12 p.m. noon each weekend, with concerts at 4 p.m. at the Bayside Stadium. There is also a stage for local bands and a live DJ. Just look for the Harley-Davidson motorcycles and classic cars. While this event is free, you should consider purchasing reserved seats if you really want to experience the concert. To get the most out of the food & brew, there are also ticket packages available. Here are the basic options:
- Tasting Sampler package for all ages (3 & up) that include 5 food items – Choose up to 5 food items – $20.00
- Craft Brew Sampler (21 & up) – sample 10 (5oz) brew samples – $30.00
- Tasting and Craft Brew Sampler (21 & up) – 5 food items and 5 brew samples – $35.00
- Floor Seat Package – one reserved floor seat to the main concert on a specific day on a first come, first served basis – $10
- Floor Seat Package with Quick Queue – one reserved concert floor seat and one Quick Queue unlimited product valid for front of line access at all major rides on date of reservation. Seating is available first come, first served. Prices start at $24.00
- VIP Front Row Seating Package with Quick Queue Unlimited and Food Sampler – one reserved front row concert seat, a delicious BBQ food sampler and one Quick Queue unlimited product valid on date of reservation. Prices start at $40.00
If you have young children, be sure to check out the USO Family Garden. Explore Zones will be set up for kids with loads of activities to keep them entertained. They’ll have fun learning at the animal encounters too. Because the USO is a sponsor of SeaWorld’s Bands, Brew & BBQ all veterans receive a 10% discount on the days of the event (with ID).
If you don’t get your fill of BBQ during the day, or have another evening that you’d like to fill with some great fun, be sure to make reservations at Capone’s Dinner & Show. As a 5-year winner of Trip Advisor’s Certificate of Excellence Hall of Fame Award your gang can be sure that this Orlando dinner show is a great addition to your vacation line-up. Your ticket will include everything – food, show, drinks, parking and a great time!